Pine Mountain Club Forum
PMC News & Views Since 2004
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Christmas Tree Vandals
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:01 pm 

Merry Christmas PMC. Our beautiful Christmas tree in front of the tennis courts has endured numerous acts of vandalism this season. On three separate ocassions, the extension cords and power strips were stolen, numerous decorative bulbs have been broken, and now, this morning, we have discovered that the star at the top of the tree was taken overnight. Whomever is responsible must think this is a game. Our maintenance department finally had to hardwire the power to the tree to stop the theives, or so we thought. So to whomever thinks this is funny, WE GIVE!! You win, game over. All we ask is that you return the star to the clubhouse. No harm, no foul. Just bring it back, please. Or leave it behind the pump shed in the parking lot. We will be checking daily in hopes of getting it back. And to everyone else in Pine Mountain Club, Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:56 pm 
Chairman

Amazing with security right there.
Well it's sad but I think those cameras just might be needed in more places then the post office.
This is why I won't decorate down here in the main part of town. Yellowstone, I went nuts.
Almost did this year but I would have to buy "chains" to wrap around ever little thing.
More like Halloween then Christmas.
I want to do it next year since hopefully, this will be my last in PMC but yeah, chains, chains, chains.
How the heck do you protect extension cords. :|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:11 pm 

I’m sorry teletina, but I think best practice is generally not to beg for something back when it is stolen, especially when it is not your personal property. I should think that the people of PMC would do better demand their star back and prosecute all theft and vandalism of association property to the fullest extent of the law.
--Just my thoughts, offered respectfully.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:27 pm 

Hallelujah, the star has returned. Thank you to whomever had second thoughts and brought it back. Pine Mountain club is joyous!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 pm 

I do not thank the thief for returning what he should have never stolen. Under certain circumstances thieves may be forgiven, but they should never be thanked. I would have been joyous if the thief had repented of his misdeed and asked for forgiveness, but it seems he was never required or asked to do such a thing. We got our star back. Big deal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:04 am 

Hello,

Shopping for a tree this weekend and I've been thinking about which type to buy, particularly in this time of environmental awareness. Should I go for the cut tree, thus scorning the imported plastic versions on sale, the manufacture of which must have surely contributed to greenhouse gases, or go for the plastic to send a message to those tree Vandals cutting down nature's gifts?