Pine Mountain Club Forum
Be the first to know.. Not the last!
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Movie - Misery
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 am 

Hello All, I wonder if anyone can confirm if the Movie Misery was shot in Pine Mountain Club's Mount Able.

Thanks Roly

http://www.filminglocationsdetectives.com/films/Misery_Filming_Locations.htm

Post subject: Re: The Movie - Misery
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:17 pm 
Gold Member

Roly,

I can't confirm or disconfirm without having the Misery DVD on hand, but to me the frame grabs on your site all look like they were shot in the Sierra Nevadas, and/or possibly the Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead area northeast of Los Angeles. They don't look like the terrain around Cerro Noroeste Rd. (the narrow road that runs to the top of Mt. Abel) nor the road to the top of nearby Mt. Pinos... and definitely not Mil Potrero Hwy (the main road through Pine Mountain Club).

One can travel the road to the top of Mt. Pinos in GoogleEarth Street View -- it bears southwest from N34.840773, W119.085643. The road to the top of Mt. Abel has not yet been covered by Street View, but the terrain is quite similar.

An authoritative source would be the County of Kern Film Commission -- 2101 Oak Street, Bakersfield CA 93301-3012, (661) 868-5376.

Outstanding website, by the way!

P.S. One of the "on-the-road" sequences in Easy Rider was filmed near here on Cuddy Valley Road. The section of road they used is visible on GoogleEarth Street View, heading east from about N34.841764, W119.082717.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
P.S. One of the "on-the-road" sequences in Easy Rider was filmed near here on Cuddy Valley Road. The section of road they used is visible on GoogleEarth Street View, heading east from about N34.841764, W119.082717.

Huh, I never knew that. I just put on my copy and flicked around and I think I see the scene you are referring too, when "Wasn't born to follow" is playing, and Dennis Hopper points to something to the left?

I have a copy of that "Criminal Minds" they filmed in Frazier recently, that's pretty cool, lots of shots of Big John's.

"Jackass 2" has a lot of scenes in Hungry Valley..

The beginning of Psycho has a scene driving through Gorman.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 pm 

pio wrote:
Quote:
I have a copy of that "Criminal Minds" they filmed in Frazier recently, that's pretty cool, lots of shots of Big John's.

"Jackass 2" has a lot of scenes in Hungry Valley..

I saw that episode of Criminal Minds on tv. I think I spent more time watching for shots of Frazier Park than actually watching the episode!

I think it was the Off-Road Tattoo segment of Jackass 2 that was filmed in Hungry Valley. I was a huge Jackass fan, so it was pretty cool to know they shot some stuff in the area. Were there any other segments shot at Hungry Valley?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

threecheers9980 wrote:
I think it was the Off-Road Tattoo segment of Jackass 2 that was filmed in Hungry Valley. I was a huge Jackass fan, so it was pretty cool to know they shot some stuff in the area. Were there any other segments shot at Hungry Valley?

I never noticed that that off-road tattoo one was Hungry Valley, you are right!

The stunt where they are rolling down the hill in those giant tires is also Hungry Valley:

Frazier Mountain in the background.

Also, all that rocket-powered-in-to-the-lake stuff and riding the fire hose etc are all at Lake Piru.

Psycho in Gorman:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q55gW6OevSM

Hyundai commercial in Cuddy Valley